We start by understanding the commuting patterns, needs, challenges and preferences of your employees (usually with an employee survey, and site visit to your workplace).
Once we get this clear picture of how and why staff are getting to work, we can work with you to create a customized action plan to encourage and facilitate sustainable commuting.
The action plan can include workshops, discounts, policies, infrastructure and campaigns that will encourage commuters to explore healthy, cost-effective and sustainable commute options.
To learn more, check out our brochure, or read below:
- Emergency Ride Home program – in the event of an emergency, employees who walk, cycle, take transit or carpool to work can travel home quickly on us (up to $75).
- The Smart Commute ride-matching and trip-logging tool – A dedicated online network for your workplace will make it easy for employees to find colleagues looking to share rides to work, and measure the impact of their travel choices.
- Online Resource Hub – Everything you’ll need to run a successful Smart Commute program at your fingertips, including marketing materials, program guides, posters, newsletters and more.
- Support in setting up the TTC VIP program to offer discounted metropasses
- Hands-on clinics and workshops on bike safety, maintenance, eco-friendly driving, and more can help ease the transition to a better commute.
- A range of campaigns and contests throughout the year
- On-site expos with customized commute support, resources and giveaways
- Support with your internal communications, policy development (e.g. telework), exploration of infrastructure (e.g. shuttles, bike parking) or other customized support
- Opportunities for recognition such as the yearly Smart Commute Awards
After 2-3 years, we can run a follow-up survey to see what shifts commuters have made and provide you with helpful data for your reporting.
To learn more or become a member, contact us.