Transit can be an affordable and convenient way to get to work or school. It allows you to sit back and relax whilst someone else takes care of the driving.
Finding the best route
- Triplinx – enter your starting location and where you want to go, and Triplinx will tell you how to get there. You can customize your trip plan using the options such as maximum walking distance or mode of transportation. You can also find transit schedule, fare and service information.
- Google Maps – another great resource for finding the best route. Enter your start and end location, choose transit, and select your departure or arrival time to see your options. You can also find fare and service information.
Local transit maps and schedules
Monthly or weekly passes are a convenient and economical way to travel if you take transit on a regular basis. Find out more about:
PRESTO – replaces the need for tickets, tokens, passes or cash. It can be used across 11 transit systems in the GTA. Find out the latest information on the roll out of PRESTO on the TTC.
- Watch our webinar to find out more about how to get around with PRESTO on the TTC.
- Buy a PRESTO card
GTA Weekly Pass – provides unlimited travel within the GTA on the following transit systems: TTC, YRT, MiWay, Brampton. A great solution for those who travel on multiple transit systems on regular basis.
Claiming Tax credits for transit
The Public Transit Tax Credit was eliminated in the 2017 federal budget. Visit the Canada Revenue Agency website for full details.
Benefits of taking transit
- Increase productivity – check your emails, read a book or listen a podcast.
- Save time – taking public transit can save you time, especially if you take the subway or a bus that uses a dedicated bus lane. Connect directly to your destination without getting stuck in traffic, and when you get there you don’t have to worry about finding a parking space.
- Save money – taking public transit will save you money by reducing costs for gas, parking, and vehicle maintenance.
- Improve air quality/ take action on climate change – transportation is a major source for emissions that contribute to air pollution and climate change.
Commuter Hall of Fame
Take a look at transit riders who have earned Hall of Fame status in our Commuter Hall of Fame.