Smart Commute – North Toronto, Vaughan (NTV) is seeking new members to serve on our volunteer Board of Directors. Ideally, the candidate will have previously served on a not-for-profit Board or a Smart Commute advisory committee. We are currently recruiting directors who have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Certification as a Human Resources Professional, or related education
- Professional HR advisory or consulting skills, including knowledge and progressive experience in the full range of HR policies and practices (talent management, organizational design, compensation, learning and development, etc.)
- Awareness of and ability to interpret all current HR legislation
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Preference will be given to applicants who have practical management experience within HR policies
- CPA or similar designation
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret tax and governance legislation as it relates to nonprofits
- Preference will be given to candidates who have expertise in risk management or executive compensation
- Awareness of and ability to interpret transportation legislation and policy that pertains to local and regional transportation
- Knowledge of transportation demand management, particularly as it pertains to commuting applications
- Familiarity with current transportation policy and technology trends
- Preference will be given to applicants who have practical experience in local and regional transportation engineering or planning.
- Educational background in civil engineering or transportation planning
Directors are elected for a three-year term, and may be elected for one additional consecutive three-year term. Directors are expected to attend four regularly-scheduled board meetings per year, to review all provided materials before each meeting, and to respond to communications between meetings in a timely manner. Experienced directors are also encouraged to join one of Smart Commute – North Toronto, Vaughan’s committees: finance, governance, and ad hoc committees such as the hiring committee.
Deadline: Friday, March 2.
Start Date: May 2018.
Please submit a CV together with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Process: The nominations received will be reviewed and the finalists interviewed by the Nominations Committee. Please direct your questions to email@example.com or to Lauren Bates, Executive Director at 647-200-5394.
Smart Commute – North Toronto, Vaughan (NTV) is a dynamic award-winning not-for-profit organization. Our mandate is to improve commuter options and to reduce traffic congestion in our service areas. We partner with local employers, post-secondary institutions, property managers, and other organizations to provide Transportation Demand Management (TDM) programs that help employees and students reduce drive-alone trips that result in traffic gridlock, smog, greenhouse gas emissions and other costs to the environment, community and economy.
Our core activities include developing, launching and monitoring TDM programs for medium to large sized organizations. We promote a menu of options for commuters such as transit, carpooling, shuttle buses, vanpooling, telecommuting, cycling and walking.
Smart Commute is a program of Metrolinx and the municipalities of the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.