Smart Commute Month 2018
Smart Commute Month (September 10 to October 5) is here!
Join Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill (SCMRH) all throughout Smart Commute Month by:
- Partaking in the Smart Commute Month Annual Travel Survey
- Answer additional questions, in the survey, to participate in the Smart Commute Month Challenge (September 10 – November 1) and receive integrated marketing packages which include sustainable commuting resources
- Have your sustainable commuting stories featured in our Sustainable Superstar Series!
- Partaking in three webinars, the Smart Commute Tool, PRESTO, and Cycling 101, which will be hosted by one of the York Region Smart Commutes!
Smart Commute Webinar Information:
1. Making your commute easier – harnessing the power of the Smart Commute Tool
Thursday, September 13, 2018, noon – 1pm
Whether you’re a seasoned user, or new to the tool, this webinar has something for everyone. Explore all your commuting options with the Smart Commute online tool! Discover new routes, find a carpool partner, log your commute trips, learn about new features and more. Live demonstration and Q&A session with Grant Heger from RideAmigos (tool website developer).
To sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org and the webinar URL will be sent to you.
2. Tap onto YRT and TTC with PRESTO
Monday, September 17, 2018, noon – 1pm
Have you ever wanted to make riding transit in the GTHA easier? The PRESTO system was created to support the use of one common method of fare payment on various participating public transit systems. In this webinar, we will talk about what is PRESTO, how to use and manage your PRESTO card and much more. Representatives from YRT and TTC will be joining to answer your questions.
3. Cycling 101
Thursday, September 20, 2018, noon – 1pm
Are you ready to cycle into action? Join the Cycling 101 webinar taught by Master CAN-BIKE instructor Jacqueline Snyder. The webinar will provide tips on how to create a safe and enjoyable cycling experience by:
- Exploring safe cycling techniques (such as hand signals, shoulder checks, etc)
- Reviewing the rules of the road and bike maintenance advice
- Offering insight from a cycling commuter pro
Whether you’re a first time cyclist, a seasoned commuter, or a driver wanting to learn more about cycling to work, this popular workshop covers the benefits of commuting by bicycle.