Hamilton’s Active School Travel – Parent Engagement Strategy
Would your school like to…
- Make it easier to walk or wheel to and from school;
- Reduce the number of vehicles around your school at drop-off and pick-up times;
- Increase the number of physically active students, families, and staff; and
- Improve air quality and safety?
If you answered yes, then you need to get involved with Active & Sustainable School Travel (ASST) – Parent Engagement Strategy.
Access the Strategy and Toolkit:
Parent Engagement Strategy Objectives:
- Increase parental/caregivers’ awareness about the importance of ASST
- Increase the number of parents/caregivers engaged in ASST initiatives, including encouraging their child’s active travel
- Increase parental/caregiver capacity to become ASST leaders/champions
For more information contact: Faye.Parascandalo@Hamilton.ca
Project funding is provided by the Provincial Government’s Ontario Active School Travel Fund, and by the City of Hamilton, Public Health Services-Healthy Environments Division.