Winter Bike to School Day
Winter Bike to School Day will take place on February 8 this year! Schools are encouraged to sign up for this event, and promote cycling as an option for students to get to school this winter. Students who bike perform better and are happier on average than students who are dropped off. Don’t hibernate this winter, bundle up and enjoy the fresh air on the way to school in the morning.
If you would like to sign your school up for Winter Bike to School Day, you can do so here.
- Schools that participate in all 6 Wear Yellow Days in 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, in addition to one Bike to School Day (Winter or Spring) will be entered to win a Ride Smart Program for 3 classes.
- $250 for gym equipment for your school (4 available)
- 1 Reflective safety light for every student at your school
- 1 Bike bell for every student at your school
- 1 Bike pump & fixit tools for your school (10 available)
May 28 to June 1, 2018
Bike to School Week is an annual campaign created and promoted through a partnership between Metrolinx, CultureLink and many stakeholders across the GTHA. Its purpose is to focus attention on cycling as a potential travel mode by encouraging schools, parents and children to get involved in fun, safe and engaging programs.
Bike week 2018 is May 28 to June 1. To find out how you can get involved visit biketoschoolweek.ca.