Bike to School Week
Bike to School Week kicks off on Bike Day! Join students and teachers across Ontario to celebrate Bike to School Week, Monday May 27 to Friday May 31, 2019. Students who bike perform better and are happier on average than students who are dropped off. Enjoy the fresh air, while participating in a fun celebration of active school travel.
If you would like to sign your school up for Bike to School Week, you can do so here.
- Schools that participate in all 6 Wear Yellow Days in 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, in addition to one Bike to School Day (Winter or Spring) will be entered to win a Ride Smart Program for 3 classes.
- $250 for gym equipment for your school (4 available)
- 1 Reflective safety light for every student at your school
- 1 Bike bell for every student at your school
- 1 Bike pump & fixit tools for your school (10 available)
May 27 to June 1, 2019
Bike to School Week is an annual campaign created and promoted through a partnership between Metrolinx, CultureLink and many stakeholders across the GTHA. Its purpose is to focus attention on cycling as a potential travel mode by encouraging schools, parents and children to get involved in fun, safe and engaging programs.