Celebrate Carpool Week 2019 with Smart Commute Hamilton!
Ever wonder why carpoolers have so much fun? They can reduce their travel time, socialize, make new friends AND save money. During Carpool Week, we encourage people like YOU to try carpooling to work, school, and beyond! Carpool Week his year is February 4th to 11th, 2019. Follow the instructions below to find your carpool partner and start carpooling to work, school or your local GO station.
Come see us this year!
The Smart Commute Hamilton team will be out and about this coming Carpool week! Come and see us at the following times:
- 9401 Jane Street (Vaughan) from 7:30-9AM, Monday February 4
- 161 Cityview Blvd (Vaughan) from 11:30-1:AM, Monday February 4
- 80 Addiscott Court (Markham) from 6:30-8:30AM, Tuesday February 5
- 55 John Street (Hamilton) from 7:30-9AM, Tuesday February 5
- 450 Nebo Road (Hamilton) from 3-4:30PM, Tuesday February 5
- 55 Patterson Road (Barrie) from 3-4:30PM, Tuesday February 5
- 395 Southgate Drive (Guelph) from 11:30-1:00PM, Wednesday February 6
- 3240 Mavis Road (Mississauga) from 7-9AM, Thursday February 7
- 175 Sandalwood Pkwy W (Brampton) from 2:30-4:30PM, Thursday February 7
- 340 Vansickle Road (St Catharines) from 3-4:30PM, Thursday February 7
- 2185 Derry Road W (Mississauga) from 7:30-9AM, Friday February 8
Find a Carpool Match
Start your carpool journey today by finding a match with our free online tool. To begin:
- Login to your existing account or register a new account on the Smart Commute tool.
- Join a network, such as your workplace, school or GO station to find fellow carpoolers traveling to the same destination.
- Share your A to B. Set your origin (A) and destination (B) and the tool will display other users who have a similar trip.
- Save this trip as a “favourite” so that others can ride-match with you. You can modify and add multiple trips to increase your chance of finding a carpool partner.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the Smart Commute tool, please view our how-to-videos.
Brush up on your carpool etiquette with our top tips.
Carpool “Selfie” Contest
Post a “Carpool Selfie” and tag Smart Commute Hamilton on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (@smartcommuteham) for a chance to win a $50 ESSO Gift Card!
The Community in Motion Award is an award to recognize members of the community who have made an effort to actively support and promote the use of healthy and sustainable forms of transportation such as walking, cycling, and public transit.
There are currently 8 reward categories that can be given to an individual, school, and business or organization that fosters a culture of active transportation within the City:
- Bicycle Friendly
- Pedestrian Friendly
- Transit Friendly
- School of the year
- Advocate of the year
- Advocacy Group of the year
- Volunteer of the year
- Innovative Bicycle Facility/Bicycle Parking Innovation
To submit a nomination to the Community in Motion Awards you will need to:
- Complete our online nomination form
- Send up to 5 images, illustrations or site plans that will help the jury understand the project
Nominations for 2018 are currently open! You can submit your nominations using this form until March 1, 2019.
For more information you can contact us here:
The Bay Area Climate Change summit will take place between March 26th and 28th this year. In previous years this has been a dedicated day to transportation discussion in Hamilton and Burlington. In 2019 it will be a larger, 3 day conference discussing Public Health, economy, climate, and transportation, among other things. Each day will be dedicated to a topic, with the third day following a similar outline to the 2017 Bay Area Transportation summit. See the below poster for more information:
How do you get around? Smart Commute Month is here, and this year, we’re giving you the chance to tell us how you get around.
Driver, cyclist, GO Train rider – however you get to work, we want to know about it. We’ve made it SUPER easy, you just have to click on the link when it’s ready and take our 9-question survey.
At Smart Commute, our goal is to provide you with better and greener options for getting to work. The more we know about how people are moving around in Hamilton, the more effective our commute options can be. Looking for better transit? Need a better incentive to try carpooling? It all starts HERE.
So, take two minutes out of your day and take the survey. As a thank you for taking part, we’ll enter you into a prize draw to win some great prizes.
P.S. Hey, drivers: this is for you too! We want to get a full picture of how people are getting around, so if you’re a driver, it’s ok, you can tell us.
COME VISIT OUR BOOTH AT YOUR WORKPLACE!
Follow us on twitter to see when we’ll be at your workplace @SmartCommuteHam
THERE’S A SECOND CHANCE TO WIN!
If you log a sustainable trip on the Smart Commute Tool between September 1st and October 10th you’ll be entered in for a draw to win additional prizes.
Be sure to join your workplace network or the Smart Commute Hamilton network!