Smart Commute is a program of Metrolinx and the municipalities in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We help anyone who is going from A To B explore and try out smart travel options such as walking, cycling, transit and carpooling. Our goal is to ease gridlock while helping you save time and money.
|SMALL STEPS CAN MAKE A BIG CHANGE|
|The transportation problems we are facing are big and infrastructure alone won’t fix it. We’re all in this together. Our small individual actions can collectively amount to huge improvements for everyone. Change what you can and encourage others to do the same.|
Getting to work
Smart Commute helps employers and commuters explore and try out smart travel options such as walking, cycling, transit, carpooling and teleworking.
Smart Commute offers employers:
- Site assessments and surveys to understand employee commute behaviour
- Customized action plans to encourage employees to explore and try out smart travel options
- Tools to facilitate change including:
- Exclusive carpool ride -matching programs
- Emergency Ride Home programs
- Discounted transit pass programs
- Telework programs and flexible work arrangements
- Walking and cycling programs
- Fun events and promotions
Getting to School
Smart Commute works with community and government partners to encourage active and sustainable school travel.
Smart Commute works with transportation demand management (TDM) stakeholders in the regional and local municipalities to support TDM initiatives related to land use policy, walking and cycling.
Learn more about how you can reach your audience through Metrolinx assets, including GO Transit, UP Express, PRESTO, Eglinton Crosstown, and Smart Commute. Visit the Commercial Opportunities page on metrolinx.com to get information about how to enhance your message through advertising, property-use, partnerships and sponsorships.
Smart Commute by the Numbers
- 13 Smart Commute offices in the GTHA
- 345 employers
- 712,000+ employees and post-secondary students