February 6 to 12, 2017
Drive Together, Save Together – Ever wonder why carpoolers have so much fun? They can reduce their travel time, socialize, make new friends AND save money while doing so. During Carpool Week, we encourage people like YOU to try carpooling to work, school, your local GO station and beyond.
By sharing the drive with 1 or more people during Carpool Week you could be entered for a chance to win 1 of 3 $500 VIA Rail travel vouchers. See contest details.
Not sold? Here are some great reasons to start carpooling now!
Ready to take the plunge? Brush up on your carpool etiquette with our top tips.
Find a Carpool Match
Start your carpool journey today by finding a match with our free online tool. To begin:
- Login to your existing account or register a new account on the Smart Commute tool.
- Join a network, such as your workplace, school or GO station to find fellow carpoolers traveling to the same destination.
- Share your A to B. Set your origin (A) and destination (B) and the tool will display other users who have a similar trip.
- Save this trip as a “favourite” so that others can ride-match with you. You can modify and add multiple trips to increase your chance of finding a carpool partner.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the Smart Commute tool, please view our how-to-videos.
Carpool Week Contest
Visit the Smart Commute tool from Wednesday February 1, 2017 to Sunday February 12, 2017 and log at least one carpool trip during the Carpool Week campaign for a chance to win 1 of 3, $500 VIA Rail travel vouchers, courtesy of VIA Rail. Winners have up to 12 months to use the vouchers. Two prizes will be awarded to the most carpool trips logged and one prize will be drawn by random.
- Contest closes at 5:00 p.m. Sunday February 12, 2017.
- Prize draw will take place on Thursday February 16, 2017.
- For full contest details, click here.
The Carpool Week Grand prize is generously sponsored by: