Congratulations to the three winners of the 2016 Carpool Week prize draw: Jennifer Lo, Sophie-Rose Côté and Shahrzad Akbarzadeh. Each of them won a $500 travel voucher, compliments of VIA Rail Canada, just for logging their carpool trips on the Smart Commute online tool.
February 1 to 7, 2016
Ever wonder why carpoolers have so much fun? They can reduce their travel time, socialize, make new friends AND save money while doing so. During Carpool Week, we encourage people like YOU to try carpooling to work, school, your local GO station and beyond.
By sharing the drive with 1 or more people during Carpool Week you could be entered for a chance to win 1 of 3 $500 VIA Rail travel vouchers. See below for contest details.
Not sold? Here are some great reasons to start carpooling now!
Ready to take the plunge? Brush up on your carpool etiquette with our top tips.
Find a Carpool Match
Start your carpool journey today by finding a match with our free online tool. To begin:
- Login to your existing account or register a new account on the Smart Commute tool.
- Join a network, such as your workplace, school or GO station to find fellow carpoolers traveling to the same destination.
- Share your A to B. Set your origin (A) and destination (B) and the tool will display other users who have a similar trip.
- Save this trip as a “favourite” so that others can ride-match with you. You can modify and add multiple trips to increase your chance of finding a carpool partner.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the Smart Commute tool, please view our how-to-videos.
Carpool Week Contest
Visit the Smart Commute tool from Monday January 25, 2016 to Sunday February 7, 2016 and log at least one carpool trip during the Carpool Week campaign for a chance to win 1 of 3, $500 VIA Rail travel vouchers, courtesy of Via Rail. Winners have up to 12 months to use the vouchers.
- Contest closes at 5:00 p.m. Monday, February 8, 2016.
- Prize draw will take place on Friday, February 19, 2016.
- For full contest details, click here.
The Carpool Week Grand prize is generously sponsored by: