back to top
Walking Safety and Comfort Tips
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and carry your belongings in a comfortable bag/knapsack.
- Always look left, right, and left again before stepping in to the street – even at traffic signals and crosswalks.
- When crossing a street try to make eye contact with drivers so they see you and then signal your intention to cross.
- Be aware of traffic, especially vehicles turning left or those turning right on a red light.
- If there are no sidewalks or you are walking in a bike lane, walk facing the traffic so motorists can see you better.
- During the day, wear light or bright clothing. At night, wear reflective material and/or carry a light.