Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill’s 10th Anniversary Bike to Work Day Group Ride
Date: Monday, May 29th, 2017
Time: 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Start and End Location: WSP/MMM Group – 100 Commerce Valley Drive West, Thornhill
Water break and prizes: Town of Richmond Hill – 225 East Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill
Join the Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill network for a FREE 7 km group ride in the Highway 7 and Leslie Street Corridor. The event will include prizes, giveaways, exhibitors and a chance to network with local cyclists.
This year’s ride will include a longer stretch of the Highway 7 bike lanes and various types of cycling infrastructure in the Commerce Valley and Beaver Creek business area.
Pre-registration is required by noon on May 26th at explore.smartcommute.ca/s/b2wd. Register by Friday May 19th, to enter yourself in our early bird prize draw. Prizes will be awarded during the water break at the Town of Richmond Hill on May 29th.
Please note: Prior to joining the event, participants are required to sign a waiver and are responsible for transporting their own bikes to the start location. Visitor parking is available on site at no cost. Additional check-in is required on the YRT bus at the event.
This event includes…
• Continental breakfast for riders (provided by Smart Commute MRH)
• Bike safety checks (provided by Evolution Cycles)
• Water break at Town of Richmond Hill
• Stretching and soft tissue therapy with the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
• Pre-ride cardio warm up courtesy of Focused on Fitness
• Bike rack demo by York Region Transit
• Free t-shirt at check in on the bus
• A chance to win great prizes (including a new bike!), courtesy of Evolution Cycles, Qualcomm, CAA and JoyRide 150!
Can’t bike to the event?
The options to bring your bike are endless! Transport your bike in your vehicle, carpool with a friend, or consider taking transit, as all Viva and York Region Transit buses are equipped with bike racks. See www.yrt.ca for transit schedules.
If you have any questions about the group ride, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-844-3026.
We look forward to seeing you there!