The Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) is now home to nearly 7 million people and heading towards 10 million by 2041. Metrolinx is bringing more transit and more connections to more places within the GTHA. As we grow, our transit system needs to grow too. Every community transit project big or small plays a vital role in shaping the regional transportation plan.
Metrolinx regional open houses begin November 7, 2016.
Please join Metrolinx at a community Open house to learn about key transit projects relevant to your community, provide feedback and talk to their staff. Open houses start at 6:30 pm with presentations beginning at 7 pm. Topics include:
- Review of proposed mitigation strategies
• Feedback on Environmental Assessment (EA)/Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP) to build new track and electrification infrastructure in the following areas:
• GO Rail Network Electrification TPAP (Hydro One as co-proponents)
• Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion TPAP
• Lakeshore East – Don River to Scarborough Expansion TPAP
• Review of the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) providing the opportunity to formally incorporate new insights into the plan, while ensuring we maintain momentum on the projects underway
Help Metrolinx shape the future of transportation in your community.
Together, let’s get moving.
Drop in to an Open House in the Markham and Scarborough areas:
Thursday, November 17th
Cornell Community Centre
3201 Bur Oak Ave.
Markham, ON, L6B 0T2
Monday, November 28th
Jean Vanier Catholic Secondary School
959 Midland Ave.
Scarborough, ON, M1K 4G4
For more information, visit www.metrolinxengage.com
97 Front Street West, Toronto, ON M5J 1E6