Your organization can qualify for one of three designation levels, calculated annually.
- Smart Commute Workplace – granted to all workplaces that are part of the Smart Commute program. This designation recognizes your commitment to helping your employees find alternatives to driving alone to work.
- Smart Commute Silver Workplace – granted to workplaces that take the program beyond the basics, providing enhanced commuter options for their employees. Smart Commute Silver Workplaces want to make a significant positive impact – on their employees’ commutes, congestion, and/or the environment – and are willing to invest effort and resources to implement relevant programs.
- Smart Commute Gold Workplace – granted to outstanding workplaces that demonstrate innovation, focus on measuring their success and achieve significant positive outcomes and demonstrated success in convincing their employees to choose other ways to get to work than driving alone.
The Workplace Designation program rewards efforts that a) grow over time by implementing new initiatives that help more commuters choose alternatives to driving alone, and b) continue to engage commuters at your workplace on a regular basis.
Congratulations to the following Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill GOLD Workplaces for 2016:
- AECOM Richmond Hill
- City of Markham
- Cole Engineering
- MMM Group Limited, a WSP company
- Town of Richmond Hill
- York Region
- Sheraton Parkway Hotels and Convention Centre Inc
Congratulations to the following Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill SILVER Workplaces for 2016:
- AECOM Markham
- CAA South Central Ontario
- Honda Canada Inc
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Products
- LEA Consulting Ltd
- Philips Electronics Ltd
- Scholastic Canada
- Seneca College (Markham Campus)
- Toshiba of Canada Ltd
Check out our gallery of happy GOLD and SILVER Workplace Designation recipients!
Second row, L to R: HDR (Gold), MMM Group Limited (Gold), WSP Canada (Silver), Sheraton Parkway Toronto North (Gold)
Third Row, L to R: AECOM Richmond Hill (Gold) and Markham (Silver), Cole Engineering (Gold)