Smart Commute Hamilton operates carpool spots in the Rebecca Street lot that are available to Horizon Utilities staff. These spots are across the street from the John Street office. If you are a Horizon Utilities employee that carpools to one of these sites, you may be eligible to apply for a carpool tag or transponder access.
Interested in finding a carpool partner? The Smart Commute Tool can help you find a carpool partner.
Horizon Utilities Carpool Registration Process
- Carpool group members all register on the Smart Commute Tool in the Horizon Utilities network.
- At least one member of the Carpool group must have or purchase a municipal parking pass for the Rebecca Street lot.
- Designate one member of your carpool group to complete the following application form:Horizon Utilities.
- Once you have completed this application form, you will receive an acknowledgement form by email to complete and sign. Send the completed application to the TDM office (via mail, or scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Authorized hanging tag will be issued to one member of the carpool group to be shared between drivers.
- Renewal of this pass will be required on an annual basis.