If you commute by car in the GTHA, this section is for you, your wallet and peace of mind.
It is estimated that the average annual cost to own and operate a personal vehicle in Canada is somewhere between $7,000 and $10,000. Carpooling allows you to share expenses, leaving you with more cash for other things.
Not sold? Check out even more benefits of carpooling:
- Save Money – Share your commuting costs; calculate your potential savings.
- Carpool Parking at GO – Find your carpool partner and take advantage of designated carpool parking spaces at your local GO station.
- Free Carpool Parking – The Ministry of Transportation of Ontario provides free carpool parking lots across the GTHA that are free and easy to access.
- Have Fun – Our Commuter Attitudes survey showed that 81% of the carpoolers reported that they are satisfied with their commute.
- Reduce Stress – Sit back and let someone else do the driving for a change.
- Bypass Traffic – Take advantage of the high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes.
- Reduce Pollution – Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by taking a vehicle off the road.
Check out our top tips to ensure your carpool gets off to the right start.
Whether you’re driving all the way to work, or just to the GO station, chances are there’s someone else with a similar commute. Our free online tool will help you get in touch with them and get a carpool started.