Smart Commute Week | September 21 to 27, 2015
During Smart Commute Week, use our online tool to explore your transportation options, match your trips with others and track the impact of your travel choices.
The more options you try and log using the tool, the more chances to win one of 4 VIA Rail vouchers, each worth $500. Stay tuned for contest details.
Learn more about your travel options:
- Take transit. Relax and let someone else handle the driving.
- Carpooling (sharing the drive with one or more person) or vanpooling will save you money, time and energy. Find someone to share the ride with.
- Hop on your bike and ride to work, or to the GO station – you can even take your bike with you on the bus.
- Incorporate walking or running – a simple way to add some exercise into your daily routine.
- Alternative work arrangements include compressed work weeks, earned days off, flex time, staggered work hours or reduced work hours.
- Give up the trip altogether by teleworking (working from home or another remote location).
- Sustainable travel options such as a hybrid car, electric car or scooter are great, eco-friendly alternatives.